It compares to the Uggs in terms of quality and warmth, but is cheaper and better looking.
The EMU Australia Womens Hip boot is very warm in the winter it is made of sheepskin and Merino wool, but it will also be cool in the summer and dry all the time because of the Merin wool, which is a very breathable material.
The outsoles are made with dual-density EVA soles that prevent you from slipping on snow or ice.
Because the EMU Australia Womens Hip boot has a side opening, and because they wrap and tie, you can use them for wider calves. Many women like to wear them with their jeans tucked inside, which is something that is harder to do with Uggs or Chookas.
The double stitched seam gives it some extra strenght and durability
The size runs a bit large, so if you have a half-size, just round it down.
In short, the EMU Australia Womens Hip boot is super warm and great looking – go for it!
Here are the boot specs:
* Suede upper
* Rubber sole
* Shaft height measures approximately 12 3/4″ from arch
* Heel measures approximately 1 1/4″
* Platform measures approximately 3/4″
* Lining made with 100% Australian Merino wool
* Breathable, odor-free natural fiber
* Dual-density EVA sole
* Sizes run large: half sizes should round down
* Made in China